Sunday, January 1, 2012

Baking Soda Clay!

Happy New Year to Everyone! 2012, already! Can you believe it? Hope everyone arrived home safely. Did any of you access AAA for your free ride home? (The info was posted in my last blog post if I sound like a crazy lady, lol.) If you did, please comment below and tell us how that went! I think it's a fantastic FREE service that will save so many lives on New Years Eve. Anywhoo, upward and onward with today's post, shall we?
As promised, here are the photos of our creations with Baking Soda Clay.
So simple and incredibly cost effective and quick to make (7 min of your time).  Let's tally up the costs, shall we? (I posted the industrial size, but unless you want to entertain an army...lol...just look for a little box that looks exactly like these ones. Or scoop up the grocery store name brand for a little cheaper.)

Baking Soda 1.00                         Corn Starch $1.50
Arm & Hammer Fridge-n-Freezer Pack Baking Soda, Unscented, Powder

And drum roll, please...






Well, there you have it! I do have a tip for smoothing out any cracks if they form; Wet your finger tips and smooth over, or use the back of a spoon that is a little damp with water ;) I figured this out after we made the ghosts, and applied this technique to the roses.


Enjoy!
Pin It



4 comments:

  1. Than you so much! :-) I am excited to post more Diy's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! When it dries, does it shrink a lot or crack? Also is it pretty white still or is a bit transparent when it dries? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi holly! I apologize for my absence ! It does dry white, not clear at all-solid. It can crack, but I dipped my finger tips in water to smooth as I sculpted ;) these pics are of the final product complete dried over night. There are some cracks around the ghosts eyes. But, it adds character, right? Hope this helps!
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, A comment! A Comment! How Exciting! Thank You! I will write you back, shortly! :)