Monday, January 30, 2012

Yummy In Your Tummy Cookies

This is the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies, hands down! 
Not too sweet, not too bland.  A little crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. Impressive, right ? Here is the recipe from my kitchen to yours. 
Your welcome :)


TIPS & TRICKS
Here is a baking soda comparison. Same recipe for both batches.The bottom one I added a quarter teaspoon more of baking soda. Both were delicious. 


"Baking Soda. Helping yumminess rise to the occasion"
 ~ Home Spun Journey (c)2012 




7 Steps. 9 Ingredients. Pre heat oven to 375 F

1 cup butter or margarine.
1 cup white sugar.
1/2 cup brown sugar.
2 eggs.
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 & 1/3 cups all purpose flour.
1 teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon baking soda.
12 oz chocolate chips. 

1)Creme together sugars and butter
2)Add eggs, vanilla, salt and soda.
3)Add flour 1 cup at a time, then 1/3 cup.
4)Add chocolate chips.
6)Drop from teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
7)Bake at 375 for 8-10 min.

Makes almost 3 dozen.

TIPS & TRICKS 

~Feel free to add a little coconut, cinnamon, or nuts. Just eyeball it.  
~If you shave a chocolate bar into it, you will end up with double chocolate/chocolate chip cookies ;) 
   ~If you forget to set the timer, don't fret. They will be done when you can smell the yumminess  wafting from your kitchen and they are golden.

Happy baking!












3 comments:

  1. Put the kettle on I am on my way. Can't bake to save myself my attempts are always a disaster. Lucky we have a Special Hound that eats anything. Thanks for sharing. This is my first visit to your special space, I will follow on my way out as I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you,I hope you will find the some time to come visit me some time. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you are so kind and that made me smile! Thanks so much! I will be more than happy to check out your space.
    The recipes I post will always be easy, if you ever feel brave enough ;) I am no gourmet cook, that's for sure!
    Thanks for following and Enjoy your day!
    ~Home Spun Journey

    ReplyDelete

Oh, A comment! A Comment! How Exciting! Thank You! I will write you back, shortly! :)