Friday, February 3, 2012

Yummy In Your Tummy Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese



I was recently told that I have an issue with my heart (no, it is not broken by romance lol). But, I am unsure of the exact diagnosis until February the 9th. I will keep you posted.


However, this has launched an extreme desire to take better care of myself in all ways possible! I did take fairly good care of my body to begin with, but this has thrown that desire into over drive. 
I very quickly familiarized myself with the Heart & Stroke's Foundation website and to my delight, they have some fantastic recipes.  I decided to get my daughter involved and let her choose which one we should experiment with first.  She chose the home made Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese and you can find the recipe here.


The result was met with rave reviews all around! We decided that next time we will add a little Parmesan to the ingredients list and a little less margarine. 



Happy Fooding, Everyone! 


2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time with the idea of using margarine - it scares me. With so little in this recipe, I might just have to substitute butter! I'm sure the kids will love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, we thought the same, at first. We found the flavour was so much better the next day, to and decided this is a great dish to make the night before for a quickie meal. Let me know your results.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, A comment! A Comment! How Exciting! Thank You! I will write you back, shortly! :)